Saturday, May 2, 2015

Time

Work heated up the first semester, and I found myself in a lot of overtime again. Between the overtime, and the work the rapid prototyping class was taking, I was left with very little time to meet with the programmers. I tried to support them asset wise, and meet as often as I could, but it was very difficult.

They blazed ahead and worked a ton. I gave them this blog, and any design documents they needed, but I think they eventually created their own design document and worked from that. They had to create a document with schedules and features which they turned into their teacher. They seemed to work from that, and I worked from what I thought the design and art priorities should be, and we tried to work out what needed to be worked out. I enjoyed working on the team and hammering things out, but it was definitely difficult without having more frequent contact with them.

I don't remember seeing their design document, and I never really worked from any design document. Early on, I mentioned to them that producing was not my strong point and one of them might need to function as the producer. Andrew stepped up as the de facto and did an awesome job. He's got a way with communication that I don't, and I think our team greatly benefited from his skills.

Being on the same page with milestones, features, schedules, and priorities was difficult for me. I think the programmers did well with this, as they were in constant communication, but with my lack of time, the lack of meeting and communication meant I felt a little out of the loop the first semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment